Offshore Industry Symbol.
The Billy Pugh personnel net has become the industry standard all over the world. It has saved and protected millions of riders over the years.
Need the Room?
X-800 is designed for offshore operations that need a “small footprint” for their personnel basket.
60 Years and Running.
Others have tried to reproduce the X-800, but still can’t reproduce the quality that is Billy Pugh Company.
Many years ago in the infancy of the offshore industry, people were transported to and from offshore rigs and platforms with the use of a cargo net. Personnel would hang on to the outside of the net and be moved from boat to rig. Billy Pugh figured out quickly that this was a formula for some serious accidents. A new device was then designed by Billy Pugh as a safe transfer system that allowed personnel to embark and disembark quickly and safely. The Billy Pugh Personnel Transfer Net allowed workers to have the sensation of being inside the device, but also allows the freedom to get off and away from danger when in rough sea conditions.
The Billy Pugh personnel net became the industry standard all over the world. It has saved and protected millions of riders over the years and is a symbol of the offshore industry. Many a new offshore employee remembers his or her first ride on a personnel transfer net; it is almost a rite of passage. There have been many attempts to improve or even replace the personnel net but the basic idea and design is still in use around the world.
The X-800 is valid for 2 years from the In Service Date which is the date the device is removed from its packaging.
|X-870||4 person transfer net||72″ x 72″ x 16″||256 lbs|
|X-871||Recommended for rough seas, 4 person net||72″ x 72″ x 16″||270 lbs|
|X-871-6||6 person net, optional ABS Certification Report
||84″ x 84″ x 16″||350 lbs|
|X-871-8||8 person net||94″ x 94″ x 18″||400 lbs|
|X-871-10||10 person net, optional ABS Certification Report
||94″ x 94″ x 22″||500 lbs|
|X-871-12||12 person net, optional ABS Certification Report
||126″ x 126″ x 22″||580 lbs|
|X-816||4 person net with 13′ load line||72″ x 72″ x 16″||240 lbs|
|X-840||4 person net with 60″ bottom ring||60″ x 60″ x 16″||245 lbs|
|A||Added air cushion designed to create a softer landing (especially in rough seas).
See FAQ below for more information. (Available for purchase)
|D/C||Double cable safety load line available for purchase|
|ABS/ABS-CR||ABS & ABS-CR (Certified Report) is now available on all our X-800 and X-904’s.|
Request a Quote!
Would you like a product now? Use our simple form to request a quote today.
Servicing offshore industry for over 60 years.
- Collapsible for easy storage
- More offshore safe transfers than any personnel transfer device in history
- Inducted into the Offshore Oil Hall of Fame
We do not recommend load testing our personnel nets/baskets as all of the individual parts of these units are certified and are the highest quality available. We manufacture to ISO quality standards, so every unit is built exactly the same. These units are complex (in that) they are composed on multiple load bearing parts such as wire rope, lifting hardware, shackles, and synthetic rope. This makes a proper load test very difficult without damaging the unit. Our slings are load tested but they are load tested prior to attaching to the personnel net. Load testing the entire unit (in our opinion) has the potential to do more damage to the units than glean any information or make the product safer as each individual part has been certified. In summary, we invented this product, we have been manufacturing them for over 60 years and we have never had a structural failure using our protocol. This confirms our protocol is better than any other statement.
In the event the In-Service Date was not noted when unwrapped, you can use the following dates for your records.
- In-Service Date – The date the device was unwrapped, if not the follow date will apply.
- Good Receiving Date (GRN Date) – The date the customer received the goods from their forwarding agent, if not the follow date will apply.
- Invoice Date (From Distributor to Customer) or Delivery Order Date (From Distributor to Customer) from a DO or Invoice, if not the follow date will apply.
- Purchase Order Date (Customer PO to Distributor), if not the follow will apply.
- Distributor Receiving Date from Billy Pugh, if not the follow will apply.
- Manufacturing Date
- There is no good ergonomic way to pick up luggage from an X-800 series basket without either bending at the waist or getting inside the basket. In either case, this is a potential for an injury.
- The X-800 series baskets have open “doors” for personnel to stand in. During rough seas/windy transfers, the basket can swing and luggage can fall out on to personnel below. This has happened before and an injury resulted from luggage striking the deck hand below. The X-900 series is designed for light luggage but this is a different system .
Transferring one single person; what is the manufacturer´s recommendation on regards to where is the better place the person should be located? Center or on the ring.
The X-816 is for operations that need a shorter stabilizer and load line assembly. This would be someone with a shorter boom unable to get a normal sized personnel net over the rail. The load line on an X-816 is 9 ft. shorter than a standard X-871.
Looking for a Document?
Visit our support section for all of your X-800 documents and certificates.